Monday, March 12, 2012

Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Green Beans

Like the majority of my posts, this one is about food! Surprise, surprise, that I found this pin appealing for its short list of ingredients of ease of cooking :) It just looked yummy too!

LINK
 After reading thought the laundry lists of comments on this post, I followed most folks suggestions and skipped the first step altogether, arranging sliced lemons across the bottom of the dish. This was a good call, because 1 lemon's worth of juice gave plenty of flavor to this dish!!! It'd be overkill with the slices!

I also decided to use a shake and bake method for coating my ingredients, this was a good call. The recipe says use a bowl, this would be messy. I used a gallon zip lock and some tongs and it was quick, easy and no mess!

I used 2 large bone-in chicken breasts since it was only feeding two adults and a toddler, this also worked out great. My only change would be to use 4 or maybe 5 TBSP of oil, 6 was a tad much.

Overall, awesome dish, SUPER easy and I will absolutely make this again.

Happy Pinning! ~ Val

No comments:

Post a Comment