Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mini Mason Jar Sewing Kit

When I saw this Pin, I decided to give it a try considering I have lots of these little mason jars in my kitchen (leftover from homemade baby food days). I have a sewing machine and lots of sewing stuff around, but I hate having to dig through it all for a simple project or a quick button fix.

The only thing I bought extra for this project was what I put IN the jar; I bought mini threads of spool in all different colors that would fit well in this jar. Otherwise, I had the jar, fabric, stuffing and hot glue at home already.

Link to POST
I ended up making two of these, one for myself and one for my Pinning partner in crime, Tiffany. The hardest part of this project is getting the fabric glued down flat enough to screw the top back on. I managed to accomplish this for both jars, but the lids do require some pressure when screwing them on each time. Besides that, its handy to have thread and needles available and portable in the house. 


Finished Product!
Happy Pinning! ~ Valarie

No comments:

Post a Comment