Monday, June 25, 2012

Dawn Dish Soap turned Ice Packs

I have been finding more and more uses for Dawn dish soap recently, including this really easy project that I now use on a daily basis...Dawn ice packs!

LINK
 I had 1/2 a bottle of  Dawn left over from another project so I just used what I had left which turned out to be a pretty good amount. I used 2 quart size Ziploc freezer bags: I poured all of the soap I had into one bag, removed the air and sealed the bag. I folded that bag in half and then stuffed it in another bag to avoid future leaks. *Make sure to get as much air out as possible before sealing each bag!

Besides that, I decided to make a little cover for mine using some extra fabric I had lying around. I have been using this daily for a few weeks now and have no complaints. The pack comes out a little firm after being frozen overnight or all day, but it's still quite pliable and is very soft within about 20 minutes. It stays cold for a couple hours as well.


Soap pack and pouch

Final Product
 Happy pinning! ~ Valarie

No comments:

Post a Comment