Monday, November 21, 2011

Easy Home Cleaning Pins

I have tried a couple of simple around the house kind of pins recently so I thought I would just put them all together in one post. Here goes...

1. Swiffer Wet Jet Solution Bottle- If you have a Swiffer Wet Jet you know that the solution bottles are $5 a piece and if you have a lot of tile or hard wood..they go fast. You are also limited to the types of solution that Swiffer makes. This pin was simple and it totally worksDip the tip of an empty Swiffer Wetjet solution bottle into boiling water for about 10 seconds and the lid twists off (use a towel). Refill with your preferred cleaning solution at appropriate dilution and re-cap.
So simple. So cost effective.
Genius!

2. Clean Your Oven- My oven isn't to grimy but my toaster oven is another story.... So I decided to use this pin.

I followed the directions including the "set the timer for 15 minutes" part. Since it was a toaster oven it wasn't a huge area to be cleaned, but alas when I wiped there was still some grime. Even when I scrubbed. So it worked but it wasn't the miracle cure I was expecting. So off to Pinterest to search for another pin...I am thinking I am going to try this one next. I'll let you know how it goes. 

3. Getting White Stains Out of a Wood Table- A few years ago (pre-baby) we had a raging cook out at our house for a friends 30th birthday. There were many adult beverages involved and a lot of food. A very well meaning male friend cooked a ton of burgers and such and then put the VERY hot plate directly on my wood table. I , of course, did not realize this until the next day whilst cleaning up and came across these....

My table "before" trying the pin
So I decided to try this pin:



It was very simple and I followed the somewhat vague but useful steps. I made sure to use a white towel. I was about to use blue but then flashed to that scene in Bridget Jones Diary where she uses blue twine to make soup... So I went with white. 
This is what my table looked like after the ironing and oiling. Its seems to have fixed 2 of the spots and someone created another..? I will say that my iron is a P.O.S. so that could have something to do with it. So this one wasn't totally successful. I will probably be trying the mayonnaise method from the same site...

My table "after" 
Happy Pinning!
Tiffany





No comments:

Post a Comment